Friday, September 2, 2011

August Favorites

These are the products I have been loving this August. I considered doing a general August favorites, including, clothes, accessories, food, etc... but then decided against it since you guys might not be able to find them I thought I'd just stick to beauty products. 

A lot of these are e.l.f products because I recently spent a whopping $25 on their products. I know that $25 doesn't sound like it'll go through a lot, even in drugstores and especially not in places like MAC or Sephora, but most e.l.f. products are less than $5 so I got a considerable amount of makeup there. I was speculating that the products we OK but they far surpassed my expectations with the quality. 
1. organiX Nourishing Coconut Milk Split Ends Mender
You guys know I love this line and I actually have a post on it here. As I have grown my hair out really long (it is all the way down to my lower back) I have also been cursed with split ends. I have put off going to get a hair cut mostly because hairstylists have the tendency to get way to excited and chop off way too much hair off. Because of my reluctance, I have some split ends right now. I am trying to find a better hairstylist than my previous one (chopped off 5 inches the last time I went) in my area, but I have not found one yet. I am using this product to control my problem at the moment. It doesn't necessarily make split ends disappear, the only solution for that is to chop them off, but it does reduce their appearance a bit. I just put some on the ends of my hair after a shower and voila!
2. Double Nature Perfume in Sexy (Black) by Jafra
This perfume I actually got as a gift and I absolutely love it. It is from catalog company (kind of like Avon) and I actually have 3 of the Double Nature perfumes, Cool (blue pictured above), Tender(hot pink) and Sexy (black). I had to put the blue one up there because I found no picture of the black one. To me this is a perfect summer perfume. It is light, sweet and flowery. It reminds me a bit of the Daisy Eau So Fresh perfume, not necessarily that it smells exactly like it but it is a bit similar. 
3. e.l.f. Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder
This blush with bronzer is perfect for the summer! I, like most people, got tanner this summer and this combo just looks really good. The colors are comparable to the NARS Orgasm blush and Laguna bronzer. You guys know I don't usually buy super expensive makeup but I actually have tried both NARS products from my friends and cousins who have them, and I find them to be comparable, maybe not as high quality of course but they are pretty nice inexpensive dupes. 
I tried taking some swatches for you guys. They aren't the best but I thought these would help.
4. N.Y.C.Ultra Moist Lipstick in Sheer Red & Retro Red
I have been using this for a pop of color. I am in love with red lipstick! This is my favorite to wear mostly during hotter climate. This is moist and moisturizing. Like the name suggests it is rather sheer but definitely buildable, however for the summer I prefer to wear it a bit sheer. For a brighter look, Retro Red is definitely perfect (I forgot to include it in here). 
5. Revlon Matte Lipstick in Nude Attitude
I have been in love with nude lips lately and I purchased this lipstick back in May. I have to admit that when I first bought it, I regretted it. It acts like a concealer on my lips. It blends too easily with the rest of my face, but I loved the formula so I decided not to give up on it. I am glad I didn't!! It looks absolutely gorgeous with a bit of my lip balm from e.l.f (which I will talk about shortly) or my Rimmel London Vinyl Bronze lip gloss in Summer Nude over it. 
6. e.l.f. Conditioning Lip Balm with SPF 15 in Mellow Melon
I have been using this practically every day, except on the days I wore the lipsticks of course. I love this. It is moisturizing and I love that it gives a bit of color as opposed to being clear. I have to say though that when I first opened it and smelled it, it smelled like Play Doh! After a few uses though it begins to smell like vanilla. I am personally not a fan of vanilla scents because most of the time they are too overpowering and they actually make me nauseated (not over-exaggerating). This one however, isn't over powering at all and it tastes great as well. I am actually going to buy a few more colors of these soon. 
From left to right: Nude Attitude, Sheer Red, Mellow Melon
7. Maybelline New York Fit Me! Foundation in 120
I wanted to try this foundation sine it came out and after trying it out this month I have to say I love it! It is the perfect foundation for a dewy look. It didn't brake me out and it stays on for a pretty long time. It is definitely a lot lighter that the ones I am used to but even though it is watery it has really good coverage. I actually mix it in with my moisturizer to use as more of a tinted moisturizer and not a foundation but it still has really good coverage. I used to have oily skin but now it's actually rather dry so I am not sure how it would look for oily skin since it is so dewy...
8. L'oreal H.i.P Color Truth Cream Eyeliner in Black 
Usually my go to look for everyday is a winged eye. This eyeliner is my favorite. It lasts forever, highly pigmented and it doesn't smear. This is definitely not for beginners though since it sets pretty fast, but if you have a  steadier hand this is perfect for you. 
9. e.l.f. Studio Cream Eyeliner in Golden
I love this! I have been using it almost everyday to brighten my inner eye area and it is so pretty. It does have a tendency to feel flaky when you get it on the brush but it goes on really nicely when you actually apply it on your eye. It last a pretty long time and it doesn't smudge. I have also used it as an eye shadow. I also have it in Purple and it is really pretty as well but I have not used it enough this month to put in in my favorites. 

These are the products I have been loving this month. I hope this was somehow helpful to you guys. Bye! ♥

 This is one of the things I was going to put in my general favorites. I have been dying to have one of these and I finally bought one yesterday. 
my own photo :)