Monday, July 20, 2015

Recent Makeup Haul




 The Falsies Volum Express Flared Waterproof Mascara 
I stopped buying new mascaras for a few months in an effort to use up my mascara samples (thank you Sephora!). While I did really like some of those samples, they honestly didn't impress me enough to spend the extra money, especially when there are already so many great mascaras to choose from in the drugstore. This being one of them. I've found that Maybelline generally tends to have really great mascaras, and this one is definitely my favorite.

 Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser 
I've been on the market for a primer this month, and I settled for this one to start off with. I've heard a few mixed reviews, but I really wanted to give it a chance. Honestly, as long as it doesn't break me out and helps my makeup last a few more hours in the hot sun, I'll be happy with it.

 Revlon Precision Dark Lash Adhesive 
This was an impulse buy. I have a few events coming up throughout the Summer, and I am thinking about wearing lashes to those events. I like that this lash glue dries dark, and I've read some good reviews, so I have high hopes for this one!

 Rimmel Show Off Lip Velvet in Meteoric Matte 
The fact that I'm obsessed with lipsticks is really no secret, and Rimmel is definitely one of my drugstore go-tos. I've recently been particularly favoring matte lipsticks. They just last so much longer and take up a lot less maintenance! Meteoric Matte is definitely not the typical Summer shade, but I absolutely loved the color. It's a slightly purple-toned berry that looks amazing with a super simple, light foundation look.

 Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Audacious 
On the opposite end of the spectrum, Audacious is an almost neon orange that screams Summer. Seriously, you can probably guide traffic with that thing! This is another color I love to wear with a simple light foundation look, with maybe a little orange-toned blush and mascara. It looks super bright and the general formula of these matte balms is fantastic!

That's all I've bought these last few months! Let me know if you guys have purchased any of these products and what you thought of them.

Until next time!
(Hopefully not a year this time...)