Monday, June 23, 2014

Haul: Korean Pore Care



While I normally swear by my Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque when it comes to pore issues; however, these last few weeks, my pores have gotten a bit under control and the mask just wasn't working. I have been in love with Korean cosmetics for a few years now (mainly their BB Creams) and I have recently been diving into the glorious world of Korean skincare.

Korean woman are notorious for taking extremely good care of their skin; and because Korean standards of beauty demand clear, porcelain-like skin, pore care is an essential part of any skincare routine.

Here are some pore treatments I have decided to try:


Holika Holika Pig Nose Clear Black Head 3 Step Kit
I have seen this kit around my ebay browsing rounds and I finally decided to give it a try. The kit consists of three steps to clear and remove blackheads, whiteheads and dead skins cells, tighten the pores and smooth the skin.

Holika Holika Soda Pore Cleansing BB Deep Cleansing Oil
I was convinced to buy this after seeing The Beauty Barre's review of this in her blog. Check it out for yourself, and you'll understand. Oh my clear pores!

Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Pore Clay Mask
I have seen this floating around the blogosphere for a while now. I have never tried a clay mask before, so I wanted to give this a shot. This claims to be a deep cleansing mask that cleans and tightens pores as well as enhances the skin tone.


Let me know if you guys want me to do any in depth reviews on any of the products. See you guys next time!



PS: If you are interested in Korean skincare/makeup tips I recommend watching Get It Beauty, a Korean beauty talk show. There are episodes available on Youtube with English subtitles.