Friday, April 6, 2012

March Favorites!

Good-bye March! Hello April and Spring! Although I personally love Winter but I must admit that I am super excited about Spring this year. I don't know why, maybe I am just growing as a person, maybe I just want school to be over, the latter one being more likely... 
Anyway, because I am a broke university student, I have been cutting back on my spending for the last three months. I have to admit that this has allowed me to fall in love with some amazing, inexpensive products that are honestly super amazing. (I don't think that sentence made sense at all, but you get what I mean. They are AMAZING.)

1. SKIN79 Super+Beblesh Balm Triple Functions. 
Whew~ that's a mouthful! I love this BB Cream because it offers more coverage than the  average tainted moisturizer but less than a foundation. It is perfect for everyday wear: it is dewy, long-lasting and super light. Downside: It is a bit light and comes off grey when you first apply it, but it eventually blends in to your skin tone. I definitely don't recommend this if you have a dark-ish medium to dark complexion, but if you are a bit on the lighter side and are looking for a great everyday staple this is perfect. It originally retails for $28 on the official website, but I bought mine online for $13.88 on amazon. You do have to be careful when you buy it online as many people try to sell fakes! 
 
Slightly blended
2. Hard Candy Glamoflauge Heavy Duty Concealer 
This is hands down my new favorite concealer. I won't talk much about it here since I already wrote about it here. In short, amazing drugstore concealer: good coverage, long-lasting, and under $10.

3. Revlon Matte Lipstick in Wine Not
I know that with Spring comes bright lipstick colors, I know but I can't help but love this lipstick. Granted because it is spring I don't wear it everyday, but I love wearing it on days I go out because it just looks so sophisticated and edgy.  You can get this at any drugstore for roughly $7. 

I didn't really prep my lips so it looks a bit creased...sorry guise!
4. Maybelline Moisture Extreme Lipstick in Rum Raisin (Discontinued) 
I actually "borrowed" this lipstick from my mom but I didn't really wear it until the beginning of this year, and oh my gosh do I love it! This is a perfect everyday, reddish lip color. It is perfect if you want to wear a slightly red lip without it being super bright. I know it doesn't really look red in the tube, but when it comes off on the lips it has a slight reddish tint. I have no idea why they discontinued this line because the lipsticks are super moisturizing and slightly glossy. I had to hunt it down online because my current lipstick is running dangerously low. You can buy it here for $4.94, free shipping! 


5. e.l.f. Essentials Brightening Eye Color in Butternut and Ivy
I'm not one to wear eye shadow on an everyday basis, but I have been lately and these two mini palettes are have been my go-to palettes. They have impressive pigmentation and durability for products that cost $1 and they are super tiny so they are easy to carry around for touch-ups. Loving them! They are holding me on until I decide to spurge and buy the Naked 2 palette. You can get them at any Target or online at the e.l.f. website...oh and did I mention that they are only $1?! Yeah? Oh well.

6. CoverGirl Eye Enhancers in Champagne
Amazing eye shadow; perfect for brightening your inner tear duct (?), everyday eye shadow, or for using as a highlight in both your eyes and face. CoverGirl eye enhancer are amazing and affordable too; I will definitely buy more in the future. Retails for about $4 at drugstores. 
I only swatched the colors I actually use from the e.l.f. palettes. The Champagne eye shadow looks a lot more white in the pictures... :\
Champagne, Butternut Pallet (2), Ivy Pallet (3)
7. Hard Candy Blush Crush Baked Blush in Living Doll
Perfect every day pink blush. Granted it does have a bit of shimmer so stay away if you don't like that, but otherwise it does give a very healthy glow to the cheeks. I normally tend to stay away from pinkier blushes but March has been full of new makeup experienced for me so, there you go. Retails for about $7 at Walmart. 
Swatched and Blended Out

8. Dove Nourishing Oil Shampoo 
I have gone back to an old favorite of mine; Dove shampoo. Dove shampoo for some reason acts with my hair extremely well and always leaves my hair super soft and shiny. This time I decided to try the new line of shampoos and I love them as much as the original. This is definitely a line you might want to try if you have dry, damaged hair. It has been working really well for me and while it doesn't make my split ends disappear, it does make them less noticeable. Retails for about $8 at most drugstores.